Thursday, January 29, 2009

Turning 30!

Yesterday was my 30th birthday! I guess turning 30 doesn't really bother me as it does some people. However, I think it is kind of humorous that Maddie keeps telling everyone that I used to be 29, but now I'm 30! So, she obviously thinks it's a big deal! But, the best part of having a birthday to me is seeing the excitement in your kids. My girls were as excited for me to have a birthday almost as much as they are on their own birthdays. They wanted to have a party and make me a cake, sing Happy Birthday to me, and open presents. They couldn't wait to give me their handmade cards as soon as I got up and show me the birthday cake they made for me (with Daddy's help). I even got to blow out 30 candles, which by the way is not easy to do - thank goodness the girls were there to help! As we get older, I think it only gets better. I can't wait to see what the 30's will bring!

Here's a couple of pics of the girls making my cake - so cute!

Mixing the batter:


Ashlyn spraying the pan:


Maddie pouring in the batter:


The best part - licking the spoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 30TH JENNY! Hope you had a good day!!