Thursday, April 23, 2009

A New Adventure!

Okay, so I can't believe I'm going to say it, but..... I'm going to start a DAYCARE! Actually, I am not doing it by myself, but with my sister-in-law. I have been asked so many times if I was going to start a daycare since I already watch Baby Dylan. My answer has always been, "I don't think I could do a daycare!" But, I always thought it would be just me doing it by myself. I love kids and even think my kids behave better when there are other kids here to keep them company, but I also need adult interaction! So that is why I'm so excited to be doing this with my sister-in-law! There will be two of us - to share in conversation, the chores of the day....someone to help when there is an issue or a child is having a behavior problem....someone to "take over" when you feel your frustration or stress level rising....and of course, an extra person to be there to love and play with the kids and to help keep them safe and secure. I am REALLY excited! I think this is going to be a GREAT thing!

Yesterday we went to the orientation meeting to get all the information of opening a group home daycare, which is what we'll be since there will be two adults providing care. Wow, there is a lot of paperwork and forms! We have to get started immedietely to get everything done so we can have our temporary permit by the time school starts back up in the fall! We hope to be open by August 1st!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Good for you, Jenny! I'm sure you'll fill up fast. I'll try to get the word out for ya. I think you'll like working at home.

Shara said...

I'm so excited for you!

Jae Davis said...

Jenny,

You are a God-fearing woman and a wonderful mother and you are going to be SUCH a blessing to the children and parents you serve. Praise God you have a friend to share the blessings and work, too! I'm excited for how God is going to use this in your life.

Blessings!
Jae