Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to School

Today was Maddie's first day of 1st grade. We were fortunate to be accepted out of district to the Southeast of Saline Elementary. However, since this school is out in the country, Maddie gets to ride a bus to and from school this year. She was so excited to go back to school and was so brave when she climbed up those stairs of that big bus. However, Mommy wasn't as brave as I shed a few tears as my baby got on the bus and went to school for the whole day. Ashlyn also cried because she wanted so desperately to go on the bus with her sister.





It was also a different feel at the Johnson house as well. It was earily quiet, which I determined was because Maddie and Ashlyn weren't fighting, and Ashlyn was somewhat sad that her playmate of three months was not here to keep her company. (Brooke just doesn't play the same as Maddie does). However, it won't be long until Ashlyn's afternoons will be spent at preschool - or at least they will three days a week - and then I won't know what to do with myself since I will only have Brooke and baby Dylan (my cousin's baby that I'm watching during the day). But for now, we will make good use of the quality time I get to spend with my two younger children.

2 comments:

~Kristin~ said...

Hey Jenny
Its so hard to watch our "babies" grow up!
Just wait until they want to go to Taiwan and Africa. You will pray for the "big yellow school bus" days again! LOL
Kris

Lauren said...

Maddie is SO grown up! I can't believe it!la