Monday, September 22, 2008

September Catch Up

This month has flown by and I have not even had enough time to sit down and post anything. So, here is my attempt to catch up the happenings of September...

Dance lessons have started this month and Maddie and Ashlyn are really enjoying learning tap and ballet. They are in two different classes, which means we go to the dance studio on two different days - however I think it is working best that way so they can make their own friends and they don't have to be in competition with each other.

We spent some time at the Kansas State Fair the first two weekends of September. This year was different since Aunt Mindy was here. She got to join us in watching the girls ride the rides, which is obviously their favorite part of the fair! Brooke was also big enough to ride a couple of rides this year as well. She enjoyed it so much and was so cute giggling on them. The older girls wanted to ride the bigger rides this year - so Daddy and Aunt Mindy got to ride with them. Mommy rode a few rides, but not many because I get sick on the spinning rides. However, I did get convinced this year to overcome my fear and I rode the Mega Drop with my neices and nephew. (This is the ride where you go up really high and then sit and wait for it to drop you back down) I was so scared and probably could have thrown up, but I did it and was very proud of myself once I got done. Although, I have no desire to ride it again. On the second weekend, Chris and I worked at our friends food booth and sold Tacones and Hogs. (In case you are wondering, Tacones are a tortilla baked into a cone shell and filled with taco salad and a Hog is a 1/2 lb full beef hotdog wrapped like a pig in the blanket) They are awesome and probably my favorite foods at the fair, which eating fair food is my favorite part of the fair!!

Lastly, this week we got to see our Maddie cheer at the Southeast football game. She attended a mini cheer clinic during the week and then cheered during the second quarter of the football game this last Friday. She did a very good job, but I didn't get any pics that weren't either too dark or blurry - sorry. It was so cute seeing all those little girls out there cheering for their team.

Chris and I wonder what activities and sports our girls will get into. It is fun to watch them try and experience new things and determine if they like them. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they choose.

No comments: