Thursday, January 14, 2010

Amatuer

I don't think I have said anything about my new camera. I got a new "fancy" camera for Christmas!
It is a Canon Rebel XSi

I LOVE it! I'm still learning though! It is hard to understand...so many different settings and such and I'm still trying to figure them all out. Usually when I get a really cool pic, I'm always like "how did I do that?" But, I'm sure I will get the hang of it as time goes on! My friend Dana is much better at taking pics than I am. She is just starting her own photography business up and she is great! So, if you are interested in taking some new family photos...give her a shout - I'm sure she would be thrilled to do it! Her email is danamaize@gmail.com.

I can't imagine doing photography for "REAL"! I would be so stressed out to know that I was expected to get some good photos. With me, it's a "we'll try it out and hope for a couple good ones" attitude!

However, I've had the opportunity to take some pics to practice.

A while back my friend Hilary let me practice on her cute kiddos...

I got some baby Drake time...

And then this last weekend, my friend Julie wanted to take some "belly" pics before her new baby came.
I am definitely an amatuer, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Jenny, I LOVE the pictures of Julie - they turned out great! I bet she just loved them. I can see an improvement in your photography already, even since your first try at it. Isn't it SO much fun?!?

Julie said...

I am getting caught up with your blog! Wow, I knew I liked the pics you took of me but those kid pics were really good too!