Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine Mailboxes: A Tutorial

I saw these tiny mailboxes at Target... and I just HAD to HAVE them!

I figured I would come up with something to use them for - I did!
I made little valentines for my family!
What you will need:
small mailboxes
(Target had these in ther $1 section at the front of the store) or you can pick them up at thrift stores sometimes too.
Valentine Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge Glue
Paintbrush (for glue)
scissors

This project really only took me about an hour to complete. Not to hard at all...even for those of us that are CRAZY busy!

I began by cutting my paper into a strip that was 4 inces wide. Next, glue the strip of paper onto the base of the mailbox. Note: I did have to cut a small hole out for it to fit around the flag of the mailbox.
Once all my mailboxes were "wrapped" in paper, I made little nametags to glue on each one using stickers and scrap paper from my scrapbooking supplies. I securely glued each name on my mailboxes and presto ~ valentine mailboxes for each member of my family!
So, you may ask....what are you gonna use these for?
Well... They are positioned on the mantle of our fireplace...
AND...I will be secretely placing little valentine notes or gifts in their mailbox on occasion and putting the flag up to notify them that they have "mail"! This will continue up until Valentine's Day!

Just a fun way to say "I LOVE YOU" to the most special people in my life!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Adorable! Now I regret passing them up at Target. Might have to go back and pick some up!

Lauren said...

How adorable! I miss being creative with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Johnson for such adorable creations.Wish you all the best for the forth coming Valentine's Day.

Cheers!!!
Save Money And Buy Your Valentine Specials Here!|Hot Deals,Learn More!