Thursday, January 12, 2012

Resolution #1 - Getting Organized with Meal Planning

This idea of planning out your meals for the week is a GREAT idea...but for some odd reason, I really struggle with it.

HMMM.... is that because I tend to struggle with all aspects of "getting organized"?

Don't answer that!


As one of my New Year's Resolutions...I decided I am going to try once again to organize my life a little by planning out my meals!  I think my dear husband would appreciate it!  I KNOW I will appreciate it!  It just is brilliant for making life more simple!

So... I'm gonna try this...


I found this on Pinterest... one of my newest obsessions...but that is for another post!

Lindsey at Artsy Fartsy Mama is the proud creator of this idea and I'm gonna borrow it and try it out for a year. 

I am SUPER excited about these and I LOVE the bold colors!  It helps to brighten your day, don't ya think?

Now...the next challenge will be to incorporate some of my favorite recipes with new ones that I want to try and be as intentional about planning it out and getting all the necessary ingredients BEFORE the week starts!

Oh I'm looking forward to not having to run to the grocery store for one stray ingredient that I forgot to buy!

Wish me good luck!  And let me know if you decide to give this a try too!

3 comments:

~Kristin~ said...

You.can.do.this.
It makes everything so.much.better.
Come over and we will meal plan you out for an entire month!!!!
Do it! :0)

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Dana said...

My day goes so much better when I do this. I still haven't checked out pinterest because I know it will be a black hole for me and I won't want to come up for air! But soon....and I love the planner. I have to say, even when I make meal plans for a week, I still seem to have to go pick up one more thing I forgot or that the kids ate before I made the meal it was for! :P
I like the new blog do, btw! Did you try adding a three-column background instead of a standard size? That's what I have to do for mine to get the middle part wide enough.