Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ashlyn's First Tooth

Ashlyn has had a wiggely tooth for a while now, but it finally popped out yesterday! She was so excited to put it under her pillow last night. She's watched Maddie do this several times and now it was her turn!




As I was tucking her in last night, she started asking me all these questions - she is so inquisitive.

So it went like this...

Ashlyn: Mommy, do you think the tooth fairy is a boy or girl?
Mommy: I don't know
Ashlyn: I think he is a boy.
Mommy: Why do you think that?
Ashlyn: I just do. What do you think he does with all those teeth?
Mommy: I have no idea.
Ashlyn: He must be building something. What do you think he is going to bring me?
Mommy: He's always brought Maddie money.
Ashlyn: I think I'm going to get a toy.
Mommy: I think it will be money, but we'll have to see!

She cracks me up sometimes. But, I was so proud of her as she slept all by herself in her room (Maddie is at camp) just because she had to put her tooth under her own pillow. And this morning, she came into my room with a BIG smile on her face and holding up her dollar bill! She's so proud, she hasn't let go of that dollar yet!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Awesome! Your story made me think of this tooth story I read on a blog at http://jimmiescollage.com/2009/06/the-dentists-office/og...

Lauren said...

Hmmmm...good question Ashlyn...what is he building with all those teeth?