Sunday, June 14, 2009

First Week of Summer Fun

Pudding & Popsicles

We spent Monday afternoon with my friends Julie and Dana and their kids doing a little finger painting with pudding! What a GREAT IDEA! It was less destructive to clothing and furniture, just as fun as regular painting and the best part....EDIBLE, which Brooke enjoyed more than using it as paint!




We had such a relaxing afternoon enjoying one another's company and the kids had fun playing together. We even finished off with a popsicle treat! Summer is definitely here!!!





Rock City!!

On Wednesday, Dana and I took our kids out to Rock City in nearby Minneapolis, Kansas. It's amazing how beautiful a place it was. We enjoyed a picnic lunch and spending time with friends, but most of all...letting the kids run. There were no rules... no being quiet, sitting still, or "don't touch that" ...and the kids could just be kids! They had so much fun! It was a GEORGEOUS day and I was awestruck by beauty of God's work!




Isn't God AMAZING!!!!!

4 comments:

Dana said...

We did have so much fun, didn't we? I love how you did the picture arranging on here, so cool! How did you do that?

Jae Davis said...

Love the pics, Jenny. Your girls are growing so much. I've always wanted to go to Rock City. Can't believe I lived in Kansas for 28 years without seeing it!?

Lauren said...

How cool! I love the pictures! It looks so beautiful!

Lauren said...

Oh...by the way I was just telling a mother daughter that I toured with yesterday about your creative cooking party that you did for Maddie's birthday. (it was Maddie's right?!?) The mom thought it was such a creative idea. The little girl loved it too and thats what she wants for her birthday party!