Friday, September 4, 2009

Who Screams for Ice Cream?

we do, we do...

Who doesn't love when you hear that silly little song in your neighborhood that sends off the signals to your brain that the ice cream truck is nearing? I have such fond memories of the ice cream man that came to my grandma's neighborhood and all us kids would run out to pick our most favorite treat!

Why do we find it fun as a kid picking ice cream out of a moving vehicle? And, why is that van always so scary looking, but we still want to run up there to pick out our favorite treats and we don't question anything about it? I wonder if the do background checks on those people? Oh well...it is still one of my fondest memories as a kid!

I was so excited this summer as we were able to get the ice cream man down our street. I had heard that infamous song once earlier this summer, but it never got close enough and we ended giving up on him. However, a month or so ago, we heard that song again and we rushed outside to see if it was anywhere near. We tracked him down to the road over a street and Aunt Mindy went and chased him down and sent him our way...and boy were we glad! Here's the girls...waiting and waiting for the truck to get to us!


But it finally did and we went right up there to pick out our favorite dessert items!


It was fun to share a memory that I have as a kid with my own kids! The girls loved their treats...and wow...the ice cream man has gotten expensive. It's not 50 cents for a popsicle anymore!

No comments: